Role and Responsibilities
Commissioning Engineer who will work in coordination with LORING’s Commissioning and Energy Services group on projects across the organization.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Conduct energy audits and commissioning on buildings for mechanical and equipment assessment and HVAC performance.
- Calculate cooling and heating load using HVAC software in order to design buildings with energy efficient conditions
- Report writing and specification preparation.
- Perform computational fluid dynamics and energy modeling analysis on buildings for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC).
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Manage a small project, work area or technical skill set, monitor quality of work, and is involved in client liaison.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited 4-year institution
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in commercial/institutional building projects.
- 3+ years’ experience designing HVAC systems for buildings
- Strong AutoCAD and Revit capabilities
- EIT or PE license highly desirable
- Strong fundamental understanding of national building codes and relevant industry standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong Analytical and quantitative skills, and a demonstrated capability for analysis and strategic thinking
- Strong initiative—the willingness and ability to succeed in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to multi-task with multiple projects in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way, both verbally and in writing ; Excellent technical writing skills
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location