Ruppert Landscape is a well respected and highly regarded commercial landscape management and installation company. Headquartered in Montgomery County, MD the company has operations in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas. Ruppert Landscape specializes in delivering exceptional commercial landscape services and is part of an organization that has been growing successful companies since 1977. The company has a distinct culture that sets it apart from its competition by challenging its employees with the empowerment to chart the company’s destiny.
Job Overview : The Business Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong customer relationships through local and regional activities such as industry association involvement, and customer meetings in our landscape construction division.
This position is located in Spring, TX
- Visit existing customers and architects regularly to improve relationships and obtain
- Review contracts, negotiate favorable terms and follow-up on execution
- Plan and lead active networking and marketing efforts
- Identify potential new customers and arrange introductory meetings or presentations
- Secure opportunities to assist customers in budgeting and pre-construction phases
- Secure opportunities to bid qualified projects and prepare/deliver proposals
- Consistently utilize a tracking tool to promote sales success
- Monitor real estate and construction activity in newspapers, trade publications, public
records and internet.
- Participate in trade association meetings and social events
- 3-5 years in commercial or construction related business development sales preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and landscape architects
- Detailed knowledge of commercial real estate and construction markets
- Ability to negotiate payment terms with customers
- Excellent public speaking, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive attitude in any situation
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of business math, accounting and financial
Job Type: Full-time