- Software Development
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Ability to quickly understand and code Mainframe COBOL /DB2 programs per technical and user requirement specifications.
- Provide production support maintaining, troubleshooting, and problem-solving with existing Mainframe COBOL/DB2 business programs and systems.
- Develop project plans and detailed schedules.
- Configure, build and maintain the production run processes. Mainframe job and processes (CL, COBOL, DB2, EZTRIEVE)
- Solve problems that arise with database data, production runs and/or the system's products (on-line screens, reports files or interfaces).
- Tuning and optimization of COBOL/DB2 programs and systems.
- Production Control support for nightly production issues related to Assessor/Treasury
- Assessor/Treasury ad-hoc reporting.
- Fulfilling various Maryland Public Information Act (MPIA) requests.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/information systems is preferred
- 5+ years of IBM COBOL mainframe software development
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in the Information Technology industry.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the mainframe COBOL/DB2 enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following mainframe applications is required: DATACOM/DB, IDEAL, CICS, CICS web interface, SAS, EASYTRIEVE Plus, FTP, JCL, PROCs, and COBOL
- Must have hands-on experience with IDEAL and DATACOM
- Experience with Database Administrator functions for A/T using CA Data Dictionary and CA Database Utilities are desired
- Professional IT Certifications are desirable.
- Datacom/DB database administration is preferred
Job Type: Contract
- IDEAL: 2 years (Required)
- DATACOM: 2 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off