SOFT's client located in South Plainfield, NJ is looking for a Remediation Specialist for a long term contract assignment.
- Required to have a geologist, environmental science or related engineering degree and a minimum of 5 working as a Geologist/Engineer on the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites in New Jersey.
- Must be very knowledgeable of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Site Remediation regulations and guidance, OSHA requirements for Hazardous Waste Site Operations (must be 40-hour OSHA trained with a current 8-hour refresher and associated medical clearance), proficiency with word and excel programs, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Remediation project management experience is a must.
- A Licensed Site Remediation Professional accreditation is a plus.
Job Description/Daily Duties:
- Review technical compliance documents such as Remedial Investigation/Action Work Plans and Report, oversee contractor field activities and make recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Conduct technical reviews and research to support environmental remedial activities, track regulatory and contractor activities to ensure compliance with NJDEP regulations and guidance and contract commitments.
- Interpret NJDEP guidance and regulations and make recommendations on applicability to the company Remediation Program.
- Track project contract and regulatory commitments.
- Invoice and change order review and approval.
- Completion of meeting minutes from assigned projects on a timely basis.
- Candidate must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously within a matrix organization.
- Extremely knowledgeable of NJDEP site remediation regulatory program and the application of these regulations.
- Field experience with conducting soil and ground water remedial investigations and remedial actions in New Jersey.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with financial budgeting and re-forecasting, invoicing and change order review
- Must be detailed/task oriented and results driven.
- Good writing and note taking skill
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $42.00 per hour
- Remediation: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift