ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER:
ITS and Surveillance
As an Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of the GILLIG ITS Engineering group. You are a highly motivated and self-initiating engineer that will collaborate closely with key suppliers in the latest transit technologies, including Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Infotainment, Networking / Connectivity, Diagnostics and Analytics, On-board and Off-board communications, Object Detection and Collision Avoidance, Surveillance, Fare Box and more.
You will utilize excellent troubleshooting and root cause analyses to quickly identify, mitigate, and implement corrective actions, ensuring GILLIG vehicles are completed on-schedule and with utmost quality. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly-technical, hands-on environment, and is a forward thinker that pursues significant continuous improvements to make the GILLIG product the best in industry.
- Telematics systems and components
- Surveillance systems and components
- Passenger infotainment systems and components
- Component integration within the electrical and mechanical boundaries of our vehicle
- Power distribution and wire harnessing strategy for intelligent systems and components
- Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specified key technologies, such as networking, diagnostics, analytics, and connectivity
- Developing functional requirements related to Onboard and Offboard data management, telematics, GPS/GNSS, wireless, Bluetooth and cellular communication for vehicle development programs, in-process updates, and customer field support.
- Working with surveillance, communication and infotainment system suppliers for configuration and integration of functions such as: Passenger information, passenger observation, vehicle positioning, telematics, data collection and data transmission.
- Working with Gillig sales team and the customer to align requirements and expectations with the various vendors
- Identify areas for improvement in our ITS and Surveillance processes and work on permanent corrective actions upstream in the workflow.
- Overseeing the verification of related vehicle systems, negotiate hardware and software interfaces to integrate the system into the vehicle, instrumenting and troubleshooting vehicles during testing, analyzing data, and solving operational problems.
- Design and manage key strategic interfaces within systems suppliers to enable component application, optimization and reuse.
- Strong ability to manage and resolve conflicting or unclear requirements across departments
- Identify and document system vulnerabilities and create mitigation action plans
- Strong understanding of major vehicle subsystems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult hands-on projects with high level of autonomy
- BS in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automotive, heavy truck, earthmoving, agricultural or military vehicle electrical system development, experience in transit is a plus.
- Hands on electrical and mechanical ability / Understanding of electro-mechanical systems
- Limited domestic travel
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other technical software)
- Experience in 8D problem solving and FMEA methodologies
- Proficiency with Electrical CAD (AutoCAD, Zuken E3 preferred)
- Proficiency with 3D CAD desired (i.e. Inventor, NX, CREO, Solidworks)
- Demonstrates professionalism, a positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, 'team' mentality, integrity and creative thinking.
After 125 years, GILLIG holds strong to its family values and focus on its employees and customers. Our motivated and dedicated employees have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to building buses that connect communities, eliminate congestion, and contribute to a greener environment. Our Company pride is exemplified by the thoughtful design and quality craftsmanship present in every GILLIG bus. GILLIG's steadfast focus on quality and unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service sets us apart from our competition.
GILLIG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their families. Other benefits include a unique 401k profit-sharing plan. We are an equal opportunity employer that supports a drug-free workplace.
GILLIG is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visa's now or in the future.