Do you enjoy building positive and collaborative relationships with customers? Stover Controls is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to work with customers on designing and building their control systems. We are seeking someone who is interested in helping customers Build Something Better and can be a Pragmatic Problem Solver.
This position is responsible for DeltaV Control Systems Sales in Stover Controls’ territory. The ideal candidate must be or become technically fluent in DeltaV Control System offerings and apply the knowledge necessary to solve customer control systems needs.This position will advance sales by creating and communicating clear value propositions to customers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Meet territory goals with profitable growth for DeltaV Control Systems and Stover
Control’s engineering services
- Responsible for development and long-term maintenance of assigned accounts in territory
- Responsible for relationships of direct personal contact with customers on a regular basis
- Responsible for understanding customer key business issues and drivers in order to align
our product and service offerings with customer needs
- Develop and implement specific sales plans for key accounts
- Execute new product introductions
- Coordinate sales activities with appropriate team members for other Stover Controls’ product
and service lines
- Assist clients with attaining the product knowledge needed to make informed decisions
- Create and deliver professional sales proposals for control system products and
- Enable and support other account managers (Stover Controls and within Emerson) to
represent control system products and services thereby expanding Stover
Control’s sales capacity for control systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Desired
- Product knowledge covering the products and services used in control systems applications. This position is focused on DeltaV Systems products and related services.
- Solid understanding of Control Systems products and service applications in our served industries.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate features and value for all control system products and services
- Strong communication skills – oral and written.
- Proactive and cooperative approach in working with other company personnel, principals, suppliers, and customers to develop profitable long term relationships.
- Ability to organize and set priorities, providing timely responses to all inquiries
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to identify and initiate sales and service opportunities through routine discussions with customers.
- Ability to create, organize and document project bid packages for winning proposals.
If these duties and requirements align with your skills and interests, we invite you to take the next step and apply.