Web Developer II
R&S Solutions is a 3PL pharmaceutical distribution services company in Jackson, TN. We are seeking a Web Developer II to join our team to develop complex web-based applications and websites that will serve the pharmaceutical industry nationwide.
· Execute implementation guidelines and requirements within the allocated timeframe, while providing appropriate status updates.
· Design and implement updates and additions to existing web services ensuring proper design, structure and frameworks.
· Identify, define, and implement innovative solutions for web technologies that benefit user experiences and business functionality.
· Evaluate the end-user needs while designing and creating new web applications; build, maintain and offer technical support for custom built web applications.
· Identifies and corrects problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing.
· Work independently and collaboratively with other resources to support business functions.
· Code, test, debug, and document projects including technical and user level documentation.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of web standards, technologies and trends.
· Experience with one or more of the following: Python, PHP, SQL, Java.
· Experience with code repositories, such as GIT or SVN.
· Experience with SQL for data retrieval, data manipulation and the creation and modification of database objects.
· Understanding of security principles and how they apply to web applications.
· Experience with various operating systems including IIS and Linux and their web environments, such as LAMP and WIMP.
· Experience with responsive design and familiar with mobile development.
· Experience with Web Services such as SOAP/REST.
· Jasper and Crystal Reports a plus.
· Experience communicating detailed technical and functional specifications.
· Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating system environments.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Self-Starter that leads with a passion for customer service.
· Must have a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
· Strong organizational, presentation, time management, and customer service skills.
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis.
· Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge.
· Ability to work with cross functional teams and across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Establish and leverage credibility through consistent demonstration of excellence, execution, and subject matter expertise.
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
· Complex Problem Solving - identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Actively participate on the design, development and maintenance of applications, interfaces and database information systems.
· Adhere to approved requirements, established timelines, industry best practices and security standards.
· Support the system development lifecycle for all application development efforts.
· Follow standards of excellence.
No direct reports.
This position operates in a manufacturing and office environment and routinely engages in hands-on support of IT equipment and peripheral devices. The employee is required to stand, walk, kneel, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
· At least 3 years of experience with one or more programming languages mentioned in the Qualifications section
· At least 1 year experience with server-side scripting languages that interact with databases
· Occasional domestic travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time