Job Description/Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will require the development and maintaining of software based on new and novel algorithms for self-localization, geo-localization of other entities, collaborative multi-agent state estimation, and incorporation of time dissemination using a variety of sensors and mathematical frameworks such as stochastic filtering and bundle adjustment. This work will require expert knowledge of: state estimation, controls and dynamics, information theory, networked and distributed sensing, time/frequency data analysis, data fusion, and classification, as well as extensive experience in software engineering of mature (i.e. deployable on flight vehicles) implementations of state estimation algorithms.
The position will involve robust implementation of theory from community research results such as GNSS position estimation and visual-inertial odometry, integration of these implementations onto real embedded systems such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon family of devices and the NVIDIA Jetson Family of devices, and management of associated software.
Skills & Education Requirement:
- PhD required
- 1-3 Years’ experience in field required.
- Must have techniques for modular software development for embedded devices, primarily in languages such as C/C++ and Python and middleware ecosystems including Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Must have experience and knowledge of open source libraries pertinent to this field, such as Ceres Solver and the Eigen library, and software lifecycle management tools such as Git.
- Must have the ability to be able to access and program the various peripheral devices available on embedded systems, such as digital signal processors, to affect efficient integration of algorithms.
- Good communication skills to discuss issues and potential solutions with other groups and personnel to find answers to a new problem set.
- MS Suite of office applications
- Good attention to detail and documentation
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, self-starter, punctual and good attendance record with the desire to develop professionally
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance
- US Citizenship required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- related: 1 year (Required)
- US Citizenship (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Location: One location