Tigerpaw is on the hunt for a Software Developer to join our overly caffeinated team of Tigers. This person will join our growing development team and work alongside our QA and product teams to design and build new features in our core business automation software platform. Gotcha.
Maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for?
You will design, build, craft, write, and create code that is efficient, reusable, reliable, and doesn’t suck. You are willing to take a user story and code out the requested feature when necessity demands, but also able to ask questions to better understand how your development decisions could better benefit our customers. You can see the ones and zeros of the code but are also mindful that the work we do has a direct impact on thousands of businesses and livelihoods.
This is a job and a company where you are encouraged to let your geek flag fly. We welcome your energy, enthusiasm, and the things you are passionate about. We also welcome your dogs in the office, ironic developer t-shirts, and comfy shorts (just so long as all the above are washed every so often). We even have a flexible work-from-home policy to make sure you can both collaborate and focus (pants optional—at home only, of course).
In addition to writing new code and working with our Tigers across multiple disciplines and departments, you also will have the chance to be a member of a learning-focused company, led by a former developer and author of 15 programming books to his name.
Evolving our award-winning software platform requires both your coding creds and the soft skills that make coming to work awesome: communication, listening, being supportive of your team members, empathy, critical thinking, problem-solving, and how to high-five a co-worker while holding a fresh slice of pizza.
We value passion, creativity, sound engineering practices, ownership and accountability, team collaboration, bad puns, and building up others to make our team better through teamwork and camaraderie.
If the idea of working with a stable but growing team in a company that really feels like an extended family (only without the weird uncle) gets your blood flowing, in an environment that embraces modern ideas on leadership, company culture, and team building;— then maybe you’re the Tiger we’re looking for. (There will be a Roar test.)
Summary and responsibilities
Tigerpaw is looking for a Software Developer to act as our newest team member. This person will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code (that doesn’t suck)
- Delivering projects according to timelines and scope
- Responding to requests and researching questions for both internal staff and external clients
- Performing technical analysis of feature requests
- Providing input on user interface to improve usability
- Working with other developers to facilitate teamwork and drive projects forward (willing to ask questions of your team and learn quickly from their experiences and knowledge)
Qualifications and core competencies
Think you’d be a good fit to join our Streak of Tigers? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of .NET application development experience required, including use of .NET Core
- Demonstrated knowledge of C#
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of Source Code Control (Git)
- Ability to code, analyze, de-bug, and deliver clean, validated, maintainable code
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of software design and understanding of user-centric practices
- Demonstrated eagerness to keep up with the latest innovations in technology
- Energy and excitement to contribute valuable input and ideas toward our business objectives
- Ability to effectively explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks while also functioning in a team environment. You play well with others and genuinely want to help your team succeed.
- Ability to communicate (email, phone, IM and in-person) clearly and courteously with both external and internal parties. Our company and teams run on Microsoft Teams, and you will be expected to communicate cross-departmentally and add the perfect gif or meme to conversations.
- Associates degree in computer science (or the equivalent) or a certificate of completion from a respected code school
Bonus! You identify with most or all of the following:
- You have a lifelong love of learning and you’re not afraid to try new things.
- You have a baseline understanding of how large-scale software projects are planned out, developed, and tested; and you recognize that team-driven work creates a better product and a better customer experience (and you are excited to be a part of a team like that).
- You can laugh at your mistakes and learn from them.
- You can laugh at your team’s mistakes (with them; don’t be a jerk), and positively encourage them to continue to DO THE THING!
- You understand what it means to be part of a no-ego team and you like the idea of getting to work with other fun, driven, and productive professionals. You appreciate a good high-five (even if only virtual) from a teammate over a great idea or a completed project.
- You like the idea of trading in your blouses and blazers for wearing comic book, video game, or band shirts to work. (And you dig the idea of having a closet full of Tiger-themed work shirts — and yes, we have managed to create some that have a tiger wranglin’ a dragon on them.)
- You can take constructive criticism and feedback professionally and use it to help the team.
- You want to learn how to do things better, and you enjoy when a teammate shows you a new technique, strategy, shortcut, or random meme.
- You like Star Trek or Star Wars. There is no right answer, but you should probably have an opinion on the matter.
- You are excited to help your team and coworkers, but you are also capable of handling your individual tasks — and you are always focused on driving work to completion and success.
- You think silos are incompatible in a modern workplace environment (read: they’re stupid) and you welcome the opportunity to work in a no-silo environment where you are encouraged to work and play across department lines, roles, and titles.
- You have an upbeat attitude and you genuinely want to enjoy working with your team.
- You get just as excited about new frameworks, diving into new repositories, and starting a new code sprint cycle as you do for the next Marvel blockbuster, Spotify playlist, or video game release — and you like geeking out over any of the above with your team.
- You want to have fun, but also get $h!t done.
This position offers a competitive compensation package in a casual and friendly company culture. You will be expected to dive in quickly, and you will have the backing and support of our entire team. (We may throw you into the deep-end of the pool, but we’ll give you metaphorical arm-floaty things.)
What are you waiting for? Let’s hear your Tiger roar! (That means apply if you think this sounds like a cool gig — and we promise, it is.)
This exciting full-time position will report to our Software Development Manager.
All offers of employment at Tigerpaw are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- .NET: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location