Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc., established in 1996, is a multi-disciplined civil engineering firm servicing public, private and institutional clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. We currently have 11 offices located throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware. Our team of professionals is dedicated to detail, innovative solutions, and cost control utilizing the latest technology and methodologies.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Geotechnical Team as a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer/Designer for our Maryland market. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate specific geotechnical issues such as settlement, capacity of shallow and deep foundations, and specifying general earthwork related construction practices.
- Development of scope of subsurface exploration and laboratory testing programs.
- Geotechnical analysis and design.
- Preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, contract documents, proposals, calculations, design details, and specifications.
- Perform drilling inspection duties for PennDOT, PTC, and other governmental and private projects as required by PennDOT.
- Prepare Drilling Contractor solicitations and contracts.
- Compose and review geotechnical engineering reports for roadways and structures, as well as structure foundation reports for bridges, culvers, retaining walls, an ITS structures, and associated calculations such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, pile analysis, etc.
- Be available for extended overnight travel to perform drilling inspections as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum.
- Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering and PennDOT Drilling Inspector Certification are a plus.
- E.I.T. is required.
- Experience with PennDOT design standards, design software and plan preparation, including the ability to run slope stability programs for PennDOT is required.
- Proficiency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD as well as Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Lpile, GSTABL, Driven, and GRLWEAP software programs preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
If you are ready to join a high-growth engineering firm with a diversity of talent, expertise, and experience, then we would love to hear from you. Our employees strive for excellence, maximizing their individual strengths while promoting teamwork. Our commitment to continued training and development provides employees with the opportunity to achieve their goals while advancing their technical skills and providing cutting edge technical and professional services to our clients.
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including 401K!
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. (N&W)is an Equal Opportunity Employer. N&W does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical ormental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis coveredby appropriate law. All employment isdecided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction