Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Work Location: Austin, Texas 78744
Duration: 11 months
- We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer to provide production support for life science manufacturing automation systems and processes.
This person will:
- Design, development and manage of new, complex, equipment and processes. Identifies and solves engineering problems.
- Development and build of equipment at all levels.
- Create, update and maintain BOMs, part numbers and assembly documentation/procedures/SOPs/URS/V&V
- Create and document assembly and test fixtures.
- Troubleshoot automation, determine root cause of failure and make improvements to the equipment to prevent reoccurrence.
- Work closely with suppliers to resolve quality issues.;
- Evaluate production processes and make improvements for better yield and greater efficiency.
- Identify and implement cost reductions for products previously released into production.
- Identify alternatives for obsolete parts.
- Train assemblers, techs and operators on new processes and procedures.
- Create infrastructure to handle instrument service spares to support the field.
- Create service tools.
- Actively interface with the Manufacturing group and other departments (i.e., Tech Svcs., R&D and Marketing) in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
- 5-10 years manufacturing engineering experience with complex manufacturing automated systems.
- Requires experience in manufacturing processes/tools like Agile, BOM Structures, Engineering Change process,
- Manufacturing Deviation process and Discrepant Material process.
- Must have experience in computer-aided design tools such as Solidworks and FEA simulation.
- Must be knowledgeable in fabrication processes like machining, Sheet metal, molding, casting and stamping.
- Shall have demonstrated ability to apply creative problem solving.
- Requires good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have experience developing and documenting manufacturing fixtures and tooling.
- Must have experience working with third party suppliers and OEMs.
- Experience creating and implementing manufacturing tests a plus.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)