ARE YOU LOOKING FOR WORK/LIFE Balance?
Are your goals anywhere from part-time staff engineer to a principal engineer? Are you looking for
the potential to work remotely from home so you can work in your most productive environment?
Are you looking for a flexible schedule to balance life and family with your professional work? Are
you looking for part-time to full-time work or work by project? Your responsibilities could be from
design engineer to project manager. We’d like to offer you these possibilities if you have the skills
and dedication we seek!
About our COMPANY
JD McGee, Inc. is expanding to better meet Client needs by finding valuable civil engineering
professionals who may be looking for something other than the standard 8-5, M-F position, or who
are looking for a traditional 8-5 position. If you want to be a part of this, keep reading!
JD McGee, Inc. is a Civil Engineering and Land Surveying firm that provides services which help
solve problems for clients. Typical clients include private owners, prime consulting firms,
developers, contractors and some municipalities. JD McGee, Inc., is a small, Christian family-
owned engineering firm licensed and working on projects in multiple states. See the company web-
site for more information at www.jdmcgee.com. JD McGee, Inc., located at 1215 Main Street,
Philomath, OR is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for one or more candidates with significant experience, knowledge and capability in
civil site design. To be considered, candidates must be intelligent, hard-working, and self-
motivated. The successful candidate will be trained and gain experience in project and client
management as well as specific surveying relevant to engineering projects, by the company’s
- Projects often require engineering skills in civil site design (industrial, commercial and
residential), engineering calculations (including hydrology and some structural, etc.),
water/wastewater systems design, surveying and mapping, partitions, land use planning,
water rights, and some railroad siding/crossing design.
- This position will also prepare plans and specifications, perform project observation and
contractor bidding/billing reviews, coordinate with sub-consultants and government
agencies as needed, review/estimate prospective projects and prepare written scope of work
for contract agreements with clients.
EDUCATION and Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- Must have Engineering Intern (EI) certification and a minimum of three years of related
- PE license is desired.
- CAD design experience is desired.
- Preference may be given to those applicants with experience in construction and related
activities, as well as surveying and AutoCAD Civil 3D design.
- This position may require working independently using a robotic total station or RTK GPS
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Lifting equipment (30-60 pounds) may be necessary from time-to-time.
- Applicant must have the ability to walk medium distances over rugged terrain while carrying
- During construction observation, must be able to stand for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The wage will be negotiable based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Full-time benefits include:
- paid holidays
- paid sick leave
- paid vacation
- medical reimbursement plan
- retirement contribution plan upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- (Adjustments would be made for temporary or part-time work.)
To apply, email a resume, transcripts (as appropriate) and cover letter to: Kay
McGee, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of reference may also be
submitted. A work sample may be submitted or requested. Successful candidate will be given
engineering problems to attempt during the interview process.