Information about #21192 Controls Engineer
GOJO Lippman Campus, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Controls Engineer is responsible for PLC and HMI programming, defining controls system hardware, projects, and operations & maintenance electrical / programming support on packaging, chemical batching and plant automation equipment. Coordinates multiple projects to completion utilizing project management skills. Inspection system programming a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and implement electrical & control system solutions for manufacturing / process automation.
Develop User / Functional Requirement Specifications for equipment / plant automation
Program PLCs and HMIs.
Define electrical hardware requirements for equipment / plant automation
Qualify and commission customized systems
Support manufacture, build and qualification of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons, robotic integration, etc...
- Documents projects, equipment changes and/or process modifications, and assures documentation required by cGMP/FDA compliance is maintained in master validation and equipment files.
- Participates in or leads the analysis and improvement of equipment, and processes for reduced costs, increased throughput, expanded capabilities, improved safety, quality and regulatory compliance.
- Manages projects to completion including the coordination of multiple technical disciplines and / or boundary management with Supply Chain Engineering and Operations
- Practices project management skills during all phases of a project from conception to completion;
Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
Conduct cost and time estimation
Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Leads, designs, and works with outside contractors to install equipment and processes that meet or support GOJO needs to produce finished products and services.
- Provides technical advice, training and mentoring.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Specifies designs, procures and installs equipment and processes that meets the defined project requirements.
- Transfers new technology through the development and use of training materials, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Supports new product introductions.
- Provides technical expertise for investigations, analysis and troubleshooting of equipment performance, product and process problems;
Modifies systems and qualifies upgraded systems accordingly
Education and Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering is preferred. BS in Electrical Engineering Technology or other Engineering disciplines with significant PLC programming experience will be considered. Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing or technical design organization is required.
Additional skills/experience that are beneficial, but not required:
- OTC or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
- Rockwell FactoryTalk software such as View SE, and Historian.
- Knowledge of ISA-88 and ISA-95 standards.
- Integration of level 2 and below automation systems (SCADA, PLC, Sensors, etc…)to level 3 (MES) or higher systems.
- Familiarity with various PLC programming languages such as structured text, ladder, function block, and statement list.
- Robot control (Fanuc preferably)
- Auto-CAD [ACAD]
Coordination of project teams and project resources. Supervision as required of contract personnel and GOJO personnel in maintenance, engineering and various Plant and Supply Chain personnel.
Overnight Travel - 20% or greater - required