WHO WE ARE...
Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. (BA) is a global interdisciplinary A/E firm established in 1939. Offering services that include Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design and Construction. BA serves various market sectors consisting of Aviation, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Maritime, Municipal, Residential and Transportation. Headquartered in Miami, the firm operates on 6 continents from its offices in New York, Florida and Denmark and is highly recognized for its award-winning designs and extraordinary service.
BA is a leading ports and maritime planning, developing and engineering firms worldwide. With world-renowned expertise in cruise, cargo, and port operations, the BA stands as one of only a handful of architectural, engineering and planning firms responsible for shaping the way waterfronts operate and respond to the diverse and complex needs of the industry.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
BA has an immediate position available in its New York Office for a Senior Structural Engineer with the ability to provide high-level technical leadership on various marine and waterfront projects. This individual will make a meaningful contribution to our multi-disciplinary team of Architects, Engineers, and Planners and will be involved throughout the life of a project. Engineer will lead the structural engineering aspects of various maritime design and construction projects including piers, wharves, marinas, bulkhead structures, revetments, flood barrier structures, ports and terminals for cruise and cargo, and others.
- Managing the production of calculations, plans, specifications, engineering reports and other technical documents in accordance with applicable standards and design codes;
- Conducting structural related engineering analysis, investigations, calculations, and work flow planning;
- Supporting PM’s on meeting project schedule and budgets and acts as project’s engineering executive to ensure clients’ expectations are being met;
- Performing onsite investigations of structures and providing reports detailing investigations and assessments thereof;
- Managing technical tasks and mentoring entry-level and junior structural engineering staff;
- Traveling may be required to support project needs;
- Performing other duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, or Coastal Engineering. Master’s preferred;
- Professional Engineer (PE) designation and have qualifications in place to apply for license in New York, New Jersey, and Florida
- Proficiency in finite element analysis software used in the design of piers, wharves, bulkheads, marinas, flood retaining structures
- At least 10+ years of related experience, including experience in marine engineering projects and experienced as technical leader of staff of engineers.
- Works effectively in team situations including a variety of engineering disciplines, project staff, client and subconsultants;
HOW TO APPLY…
Interested candidates should apply for this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources. BA offers competitive salary and benefits package.
This position is for the New York City office only. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. No recruiters please.
MORE ABOUT BA…
BA is consistently ranked as one of the leading A/E design firms in the country and continues expanding operations on all fronts. The Firm has an extensive portfolio of exceptional design projects both locally and internationally and offers great opportunities for professional growth. The Firm operates on six continents from its offices in New York, Miami, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and overseas in Denmark.
The firm’s professional staff of over 150 talented individuals is always committed to embracing the client’s vision and needs first. With an abiding promise to its clients and the communities that it serves, BA has the unique expertise to connect projects on an intimate level and constantly evolve the quality of life in regions around the world. The firm has continuously developed innovative design technologies resulting in intelligent, sustainable solutions that enrich the built environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Bermello, Ajamil and Partners, Inc. (BA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marine engineering projects: 10 years (Required)
- as technical leader of staff of engineeers: 10 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer; qualifications in place-NY;NJ;FL (Preferred)