Summary Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Priorities include process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
1. Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
2. Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
3. Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
4. Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
5. Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
6. Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Technical capacity
2. Strategic thinking
3. Presentation skills
4. Problem solving/analysis
5. Communication proficiency
6. Teamwork orientation
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Physical Demands The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Typical work days and hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
2. Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Safe work environments.
2. Capital improvement.
3. Maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative