The CNC Programmer is responsible for interpreting technical and engineering data and converting it into machine code.
The position of CNC Programmer reports directly to the Engineering Supervisor, receiving advice, counsel and direction relative to providing needed computer programs for CNC equipment to manufacture components. The incumbent works closely with other members of the organization to provide assistance in meeting operational needs of the business, particularly when pertaining to manufacturing components on CNC equipment.
1. To ensure the safe manufacture of quality products that meet customer specifications.
2. To ensure the development of technical competence in CNC programming, to maximize machine productivity.
3. To ensure economic optimization of production equipment by providing top quality CNC programs/packages to the shop floor.
Principal Challenges and Decision Authority
1. Converts Engineering, and other technical problem formulation to format that can be processed by computer.
2. Programs and prepares computer files to operate the CNC machinery and equipment.
3. Responsible for converting production methods and procedures designed for machining products to CNC computer language.
4. Works closely with engineering and production personnel in resolving engineering and technical problems, adversely impacting machine productivity throughout the plant.
5. Maintains a professional and personable relationship with employees, customers and vendors being responsive to their needs, as well as the needs of the company.
6. Performs other duties as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,000.00 - $91,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- How many years of CNC Programming experience do you have?
Work Location: One location