Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for planning and designing engineering and/or analytical activities associated with one or more technical areas such as, but not limited to:
- Cisco switching
- Cisco firewalls and associated management consoles
- Software Defined Architecture (SDA)
- Troubleshooting and resolving highly complex network problems.
- Designing and implementing network solutions and/or improving the efficiency.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting EMS network equipment including firewalls and switches
- Develop and implement firewall rules
- Perform vulnerability assessments and perform required patching to ensure compliance following standard processes
- Proactively review firewall rules for improving overall security posture
- Implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, or operations/user support.
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Data Science, Analytics, Physics, Math, or other Computer Science related field
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- CCNP Certification
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Currently possess DOD 8570, IAT Level II Security+ ce certification or equivalent
- Currently possess a secret security clearance
RMC employees may be subject to COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements in order to access government facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charleston, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ (Required)
Work Location: One location