Founded in 1964, Cascades offers sustainable, innovative and value-added packaging, hygiene and recovery solutions. The company employs 11,000 women and men across a network of over 90 facilities in North America and Europe. Driven by its participative management, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous research and development efforts, Cascades continues to provide innovative products that customers have come to rely on, while contributing to the well-being of people, communities and the entire planet. Cascades' shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CAS.
CASCADES CS+ INC.
Backed by more than 50 years of experience in industrial operations within Cascades, Cascades CS+ offers a unique array of project management and engineering services to the various Cascades units, as well as to other businesses. Its wide range of expertise allows it to offer advisory services for optimizing products and processes, managing and delivering projects, supporting energy efficiency, and refurbishing used equipment.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for the Cascades Groupe Tissu headquarters in Candiac. The person will be responsible for developing, improving and maintaining the product design and manufacturing processes that make Cascades vending machines robust and profitable.
We are looking for a team player with rigour, flexibility and autonomy.
Do you recognize yourself in the description and are you looking for the perfect opportunity to practice your profession in a rewarding and eco-responsible environment? This is your chance!
- Play a leading role in the development of new products by working with design teams, ensuring that new products are cost-effective for the use of robust manufacturing techniques;
- Develop manufacturing processes by analyzing product design requirements;
- Ensure robust product quality by designing test methods, setting standards and confirming manufacturing processes;
- Provide information on manufacturing decision making by calculating production, labour, material costs and estimating future needs;
- Maintain Cascades tooling operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services;
- Manage the product distribution portfolio oriented towards continuous improvement (cost reduction and quality improvement);
- Set annual continuous improvement objectives and promote improvements to achieve these objectives;
- Lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focus on measurable quality and cost improvement;
- Promote process standardization and the implementation of indicators and best practices;
- Contribute to the team effort by achieving related results as required;
- Maintain the reputation of the products and the company by complying with government regulations;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Estimate the capital costs of the project;
- Review distributor designs with tool and tool manufacturers;
- Collect preliminary and final tooling estimates;
- Coordinate the design, testing and validation of packaging;
- Review and approve the design of injection moulds and tools;
- Monitor tool construction;
- Coordinate the sampling tools at the tool manufacturer's;
- Review the first inspection reports;
- Assemble pilot production distributors;
- Authorize final approval of the tool;
- Monitor and approve pilot production;
- Coordinate CPK studies;
- Define acceptable quality level controls (AQL);
- Coordinate the start of production.
Bachelor's degree en Engineering ou Other relevant fields
- 5 to 10 years' experience in manufacturing and injection moulding, preferably in the consumer or automotive industries.
- Travel equivalent to 25% of the time, in Canada and the United States;
- Essential bilingualism, oral and written (French and English);
- LEAN manufacturing experience ;
- Experience in injection moulding;
- Experience in assembling consumer/commercial products;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- IT skills, including SolidWorks, M/S Office and M/S Project;
- Strong time management skills;
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible schedule, 40 hours/week;
- Summer timetable;
- Flexible, comprehensive and advantageous group insurance;
- Teleworking opportunities, 1 to 2 days a week;
- Accessible gym area;
- Accessible internal and external training;
- Condo in Florida, eligibility after 1 year of service;
- Participation in sporting activities financially covered ;
- Profit sharing plan, available after 1 year of service;
- Pension plan with company contributions, after 3 months of service;
- Contribute to the success of an eco-responsible multinational Quebec company.
Objectifs de performance
As soon as you begin, with your manager, you will set realistic, concrete and quantifiable objectives for the year.
Plan de développement de carrière
2 performance evaluations are planned during the year.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering