Research Chemical Engineer
Amalgamated Research LLC – Twin Falls, Idaho.
Amalgamated Research LLC (ARi) is seeking a Chemical Engineer to work at its Research and Development facility in Twin Falls, Idaho. The successful candidate will be involved with process research and development, working in the fields of production-scale chromatography and ion-exchange.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who enjoy an applied research environment that combines basic research with validation and implementation of new ideas and technologies. The candidate should enjoy challenging research tasks, be curious and ready to accept full ownership of research projects.
· Development of downstream chromatographic processes for clients in a variety of industries.
· Designing and executing experimental pilot studies to gather engineering data and to validate the predictions of numerical models.
· Using optimization and troubleshooting techniques to define the best solution for a given problem.
· Liaising with potential customers in new applications of ARi technology.
· B.S. degree in chemical engineering or similarly relevant degree.
· Background in experimental design and troubleshooting.
· Experience in interpreting the obtained data at the bench-scale and using insights to develop solutions relevant on the industrial-scale.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly deliver technical reports and presentations on complex topics.
· Basic understanding of chromatographic and ion-exchange processes is preferred.
· Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location