PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
We are looking for a driven individual, for our Powertrain Integration and Performance group, who possesses strong programming skills with a comprehensive understanding of data structures and algorithms. The core focus for this position will be data analytic script development, based primarily in MATLAB. The role will work extensively with multiple local and global engineering teams to analyze and process data key to PACCAR’s North America powertrain systems.Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! Division Information
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington. Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Designs and maintains new and existing scripts relating to data processing, acquisition, and process automation.
- Leads initiatives to improve new and current data structures, data repositories, and testing and analysis methods for higher efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stays current on software functionality and product requirements for the PACCAR engine family. Stays technically current with the heavy duty diesel industry. Mentors less experienced engineers to help them develop in their career and expand the team’s skill base.
- Maintains positive working relationships with other groups and PACCAR divisions.
- Proven skill in programing and related techniques, with a solid understanding of the interoperability between GUIs, scripts, and APIs required. Preferred language: MATLAB.
- Ability to understand and reverse-engineer existing scripts, and design new processes or reports based on provided data and input from engineers.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively multi-cultural environment
- Self-directed, excellent analysis and engineering judgment required
- Organized and disciplined with ability to manage personal workload and a willingness and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% Education
BS in appropriate technical field required, MS degree in technical field preferredAdditional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.