The Manufacturing Engineer - Machine Shop is part of a team of Engineers and Toolmakers that provide technical expertise to develop practical solutions for manufacturing and improvement of company products. Core functions of our machine shop include: Stamping, Milling, Heat Treat, Grinding, Polishing, Lapping and Ultra Sonic Cleaning
- Upholds Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, and Respect in all work related activities.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor issues and implementing corrective actions. This may include process changes, tooling or fixture design changes or collaboration with R&D on product design changes.
- Responsible for driving Design for Manufacturability of new products or design concepts with Product Engineering and Production.
- Coordinate new part/product manufacturing introductions. This includes establishing:
- Identification and validation of new equipment and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Routings for parts, weldments and assemblies.
- Requirements for jigs, fixtures, and tooling.
- Responsible for the identification and validation of new equipment and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Responsible for training manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Support systems to monitor and improve overall equipment effectiveness.
- Support utilization of the A3 problem solving techniques.
- Incorporate lean manufacturing principles into the processes design, work and material flow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knoweldge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Working proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of AutoCAD and / or Solidworks.
Experienced working with an ERP system
Experience with Grinding, Lapping, Heat Treat and / or Automation of Machine Shop applications a plus
Skilled in print reading and geometric dimensioning & tolerance.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will need to have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; production and manufacturing processes; application of engineering science and technology; design techniques; and mechanical knowledge.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current valid Driver’s License (with record acceptable to our insurance).
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement