Ciner Wyoming is seeking a Project Engineer to manage the day-to-day aspects of multiple projects concerning scope definition, resource allocation, scheduling, budget estimation, cost control, construction and commissioning. This role will review all site capital project funding requests for proper format, completeness, risk evaluation, cost review and deliverables. Update and track potential projects for the three year and five-year capital plans while also gathering input from plant engineering, operations, maintenance, and the mine for future projects. The Project Engineer provides technical support to operations / maintenance and provides critical input for engineering designs and projects.
· Complete technical projects as assigned.
· Assist internal customers in defining project boundaries and justification, develop a project charter to come to agreement on how the project is to be tackled, develop contractor scopes for preliminary engineering / detailed engineering / construction and commissioning, develop AFE (Authorization for Expenditure) submissions, generate project cost estimates and schedules, monitor and control project health so that projects are executed and commissioned on time and within budget.
· Review process and equipment downtime, evaluate root causes and initiate corrective actions. Initiate non-AFE projects through completion to support refinery reliability and efficiency.
· Provide necessary coordination between Plant Engineering, Operations and Maintenance to accomplish assigned tasks. Support new installations, repairs and shutdowns. Coordinate contractor projects as assigned.
· Keep abreast of daily operating problems and assist supervisors, operators and superintendents in taking corrective action by providing technical assistance. Maintain vendor relationships and participate in team meetings on project status.
· Track and maintain integrity of process change procedures via the MOC process.
· Demonstrated experience developing constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Either previous background with Soda Ash or a similar industry which can be leveraged into quickly learning the Soda Ash process.
· Proven project management skills.
· Strong communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization. Ability to mentor individuals both inside and outside of Plant Engineering regarding the Project Management Process while developing clear expectations with stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical) and 5 – 7 years of related experience providing technical support in a project engineering function preferably in manufacturing or chemical industries.
· OR: Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical) and 3 – 5 years of related experience providing technical support in a project engineering function preferably in manufacturing or chemical industries.
Ciner Wyoming provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Ciner Wyoming complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Project engineering: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location