Brief company Description:
Penta Engineering Corp. was established in 1986 to perform professional services to support the mineral processing industries. The company does high level consulting to support our customers with the up-front planning of projects and operation improvements.
Our engineering division is world known for its highly technical expertise in design, planning, equipment selection and procurement, providing high quality and economic design for our customers. PENTA’s construction group takes our designs into full execution, thus providing a one-stop full-service engineering company to the industries we serve.
Please visit www.penta.net for more information on our company.
PENTA is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer who interacts with customers and other project team members (Project Manager and other disciplinary leads) to deliver the documentation required for project execution. Also, interacts with equipment suppliers and contractors on the project to ensure a successful project. Responsibilities include equipment and construction specifications, design criteria and calculations, power and control specifications.
10+ years’ professional experience. Competencies and experience must include PLC/HMI programming, specifically Rockwell Automation products, maintenance of electrical equipment and knowledge of heavy industrial plant design and equipment installation practices or work experience in heavy industrial plants. P.E. registration is a requirement.
- Calculates the size and specifications for electrical power distribution systems, control systems and project instrumentation needs. Equipment includes transformers, switchgear, motors, motor starters, drive systems, PLC/DCS based control systems, Rockwell Automation products, instrumentation, and other control equipment as required.
- Participates in the preparation of capital cost estimates. Calculates electrical load, power distribution and control system requirements.
- Develops, designs and makes calculations to verify workability of power and control systems, uses AutoCAD or directs others to produce accurate, professional drawings.
- Designs, certifies and prepares electrical power, control systems, instrumentation, automation, lighting and grounding systems for industrial facilities.
- Specifies, evaluates and recommends processes control and instrumentation systems.
- Interacts with major brands of programmable controllers and computer controls.
- Prepares calculations and drawings for different power distribution, control wiring, lighting, cable tray layout and schedules.
- Knows or recognizes the electrical codes and safety requirements throughout the United States, including NEC code and IEEE standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ year’s engineering experience preferred
- Good analytical skills with ability to perform calculations quickly and accurately
- Strong attention to detail and commitment for accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coordinate work with other staff members
- Strong organization skills to effectively manage time and resources in the most efficient manner
- Comprehensive insurance package: Medical, dental and vision insurance available on first day of employment
- 401k with company match
- Three weeks’ vacation eligibility upon hire
Apply now to join a world-class engineering and design/build firm where you can truly make a difference.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)