This position will assist the Rock Springs Engineering Department with project related initiatives as assigned. The position is a full-time internship during summer break.
Duties outlined below will provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in pursuit of a chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering degree.
- Performs routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation
- May assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations
- Handles various administrative duties
- Provides support to staff members as needed
- Actively pursuing a BS in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Good academic standing
- Entering 2019 fall semester at junior or senior level
- Excellent communication skills and good technical writing abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to keep up in a fast paced work environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
May or June 2020
Simplot Pay Grade:
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**