The Toro Company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support our operations facility located in Beatrice, NE. We are a leader in the outdoor power equipment industry and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. The Toro Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Responsible for developing and improving efficient, production processes and methods from parts receiving, through welding, powder-coat, assembly to finished goods at the warehouse or shipping. Establishes time standards in direct labor departments consistent with required level of output. Plans equipment to meet these requirements. Coordinates projects to meet time schedules. Reduces total cycle time and lead time through the value stream.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains engineered time standards for direct labor operations.
- Establishes methods and processes for assembly, welding, paint line and related material handling on new products and equipment.
- Recommends capital equipment and prepares capital expenditure requisitions.
- Supervises the installation of equipment, methods and processes.
- Works with department supervisors and value stream manufacturing engineers with implementation of new methods and processes.
- Acts as liaison with engineering regarding engineering trouble shooting pertaining to the manufacture of current and new products.
- Makes recommendations for improving safety, quality, or productivity activities.
- Coordinates projects using in-house resources and outside resources to meet project costs and time schedules.
- Must be familiar with OSHA requirements and recommends corrective action to insure OSHA standards are met. Implements proper ergonomics in work station setup, processes, tooling and safety equipment.
- Conducts ergonomic audits during production and setups.
- Identify and apply Lean methodologies to insure processes are scientifically controlled and continuously improved.
- Creates necessary documentation (standard work, Heijunka cards, etc) for all new product launches.
- Oversee activities involving automation controls, PLC's, and robotics.
Microsoft software, SAP or equivalent knowledge. Good interpersonal skills and works well with all employees. CAD/CAM drawing experience and or training (PRO-E, etc.). Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Experience with MIG welding and knowledge of AWS, ASME codes. Working knowledge of materials and welding process applications and experience with weld tooling/fixture, tolerancing and quality control. Problem solving skills in manual and robotic welding. Must be a team player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BSME or BSIE (or equivalent) and 2 - 5 years of experience in manufacturing systems, equipment, processes, tooling, work measurement, lean manufacturing concept, and project management preferred. One (1) to five (5) years of experience in the operation and programming of welding robotics systems preferred, but not required. Experience in welding engineering and welding manufacturing technology preferred.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE:
TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf maintenance, snow and ice management, landscape, rental and specialty construction equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of $2.6 billion in fiscal 2018, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 125 countries. Through constant innovation and caring relationships built on trust and integrity, Toro and its family of brands have built a legacy of excellence by helping customers care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties and agricultural operations. For more information, visit www.toro.com or www.exmark.com