Engineering Inspections Supervisor | Public Works—Engineering | REQ 945-1
Job Family: Management / Supervisory
Posting Start Date: 09/18/2019 | Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $51,608.75 - $82,439.97 annually
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Various days including weekends and holidays may be required.
MUST APPLYAT WWW.WORKFORWACO.COM TO BE CONSIDERED
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, supervises Engineering Inspectors and inspection functions for the Public Works Department (PWD); supervises projects, workflow, plan reviews and client relations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises and schedules Engineering Inspectors for the inspection and documentation of construction and development projects; coordinates work assignments and reviews the work of Inspectors to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Reviews and interprets plans and verifies projects are in compliance with plans, specifications, permit requirements and safety and quality standards; prepares reports on work completed.
- Maintains communications with developers and builders and resolves problems; maintains project files, documents and records; prepares reports on program activities and performance.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
City policies and procedures.
Principles of design, construction and maintenance of public works projects.
Principles and practices of government project management.
Federal and state codes and regulations governing public works construction standards.
Inspecting work sites and interpreting engineering standards and City policies and procedures.
Analyzing and evaluating technical engineering data and construction documentation.
Checking designs, details, estimates, plans and specifications of engineering projects.
Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers
Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND five years of public sector construction inspection experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Class C Water Operator License from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,608.75 to $82,439.97 /year
- public sector construction inspection: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)