Strand is an architectural and engineering firm located in Dallas. We are seeking a developer to work on projects ranging from add-on tools using Revit and AutoCAD to complex business applications.
Our projects are fun, fast-paced, and at times challenging. Some may require you to develop an application with a structural engineer or architect while others necessitate working with a designer to improve add-on performance. We employ a range of technologies and frameworks, so it is important that you have a good programming background and a good technical background. One project currently underway is an add-on tool to automate production drawings from AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with those technologies is a definite plus, but more importantly, is the ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts.
We focus more on results than a formal methodology, although knowledge of the entire software development process is helpful. You must be capable of working independently at times, but also as part of a small project team. Virtually zero travel is required.
Strand offers 100% paid medical insurance, 401K matching, and paid time off.
Here are the skills you need to have:
- 3 years+ experience with Autodesk’s AutoCAD or Revit API
- 3 years+ experience with C#
- 3 years+ experience with object-oriented programming and design
- 3 years+ experience designing and creating databases and writing queries against them
- Experience in working with clients and employees to gathering requirements
Experience and familiarity with the following are a plus:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a user with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- General engineering and architectural principal a plus
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like XP/Agile and TDD
- Experience writing code using SOLID principles
- Dependency Injection
- SQL Server
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Object-oriented programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- creating databases: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- C#: 3 years (Preferred)
- Revit API: 3 years (Required)