Job Title: Senior Engineering Technician – Gas Engineering – Pittsfield, MA
POSITION: Senior Engineering Technician – Gas Engineering – Pittsfield, MA (15294)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
STARTING PAY: Starting Pay Rate Needed
POSTING DATE: 08/06/20
REMOVAL DATE: 08/14/20
REPORTS TO: James Peck
Use full range of technical knowledge and experience to support management in meeting the objectives and responsibilities of the Berkshire Gas Engineering Department. Perform mathematical calculations as necessary to support project designs and cost estimates. Review and approve accurate construction documents containing complex technical terminology. Adhere to Company standards and State and Federal codes. Maintain confidentiality of all written documents and sensitive discussions. The following are key job functions:
- Works under the daily supervision provided by Company Engineers to facilitate construction designs
- Manages own time and provides directions to Sr. Technical Support Specialist – Gas Engineering to meet objectives. As a team lead fully shares responsibility for ensuring success of team efforts meeting or exceeding company goals
- Applies knowledge and analytical skills to respond to inquiries from others to solve complex problems including new or unusual assignments
- Complete work assignments independently or with minimal supervision; acts as a resource for colleagues
- Provide engineering support duties to Gas Operations, Engineering, Construction, and Marketing when assigned by supervision. Includes interacting with both Union and Non-union employees
- Each employee must accept responsibility for their own safety and health as well as the safety and health of their fellow employees.
Skills and Requirements
- A thorough knowledge of gas distribution design, gas regulation station design, and application of Company approved standards to project designs is required.
- Must be able to apply job specific work procedures which are complex in nature to design projects. Complex is defined as; all types of tapping, stopping off, bag-off, squeeze-off, and by-pass activities.
- Working knowledge of personal computers including operation of office products (e.g. Microsoft Office) is required.
- Drafting and AutoCAD experience is required
- 1 to 2 years of SAP experience is preferred (SAP Work Management given preference)
- Must be able to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of management and non-management employees and to interact professionally with co-workers, other divisions, and organizations outside of Berkshire Gas, including BGC customers.
- Possess the ability to effectively and accurately organize large quantities of critical information
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to utilize analysis and presentation tools such as Microsoft Excel, Power Point along with interpersonal skills and work as a team member.
- This is a DOT safety-sensitive position and will be part of the drug testing pool.
Education and Experience
Bachelors 2 years
Associate Degree 5 years
High School Diploma 8 years
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
undefined is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37.51 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance