A maintenance technician job is available in Beech Island, SC for a service client. This person will function as one of the Technicians at the customer site for a long term maintenance contract.
- Must have the ability to connect a maintenance PC to a PLC and step through and understand the PLC program to troubleshoot complex controls failures, and make minor code changes under the direction of Engineering
- Electromechanical skills, including motors, Troubleshooting skills with PLC controls, servos, gearboxes, and other discrete electrical control components.
- Practice safe work habits and abide by the safety rules in accordance with the safety policies set forth by the client.
- Provide electromechanical corrective repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Log all service work performed, downtime during repair, and account for equipment service requests.
- Participates in complex maintenance tasks, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, troubleshoot equipment failures, repairs and overhauls.
- Participates in training customers on complex products, operations and services.
- Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc.
- Maintains documents of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
- Participates in the assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
- Responds to and corrects semi-complex equipment faults.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required. An Associate's degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- Five years maintenance experience with electro-mechanical equipment experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience.
- Work in cooperation as a team with the 3PL warehouse operators.
This is a contract to hire position
If you are interested in this Maintenance Technician job in Beech Island, SC please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.