Engineer the development, planning, coordination and implementation of manufacturing systems, processes and tooling as necessary in the urethane foam industry.
1. Plan and organize the activities or approve plans of
subordinates to accomplish the objectives as established in particular areas of assignment.
2. Review utilization of facilities, including appropriate location of various departments and operations of foam seat facilities to obtain optimum operating results.
3. Recommend solutions to a variety of more complex and unusual problems related to manufacturing processes.
4. Conduct through subordinates, special studies and projects relating to plant layouts, equipment, product and processes improvements and cost reductions. Consolidate data for presentation to management.
5. Obtain and review technological advances available to the industry to ensure advanced technologies meet current and long-term goals.
6. Recommend changes in designs/products as they affect manufacturing operations. Provide data on requirements and cost of facilities arising from additional production demands, new or added models, and short or long range expansion planning.
7. Coordinate effective utilization of tooling, materials, facilities and personnel.
8. Keep abreast of advanced technological developments in the field by participating in technical societies, seminars, extensive reading or trade literature and visiting other manufacturing plants.
9. Prepare or direct the preparation of letters, reports, and memos for effective communication of sections activities and needs.
10. Develop and maintain effective two-way communication internally and with other facilities and/or departments to assure adequate dissemination of information concerning plans and developments.
11. Organize the work of subordinates to provide growth opportunities in order to utilize employees to their maximum, and provide a resource of future managers and supervisors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,248.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place