Full Job Description
The Maintenance Manager will maintain and repair all building equipment and systems to include: electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, kitchen, laundry, pool, life safety and air handling equipment. The Maintenance Engineer will ensure all guest rooms are kept in the best condition through preventive maintenance and inspections. Maintains and contributes to a positive work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide guest service in a positive and helpful manner. Perform routine maintenance in guest rooms such as changing filters and light bulbs, installing radios and televisions, replacing telephones, and repairing furniture and walls. Make major repairs to gas appliances, ice machines, walk-in coolers and freezers, air handling equipment, and kitchen equipment. Prioritize work orders and complete them in a thorough and timely manner. Maintain fire systems, replace smoke detectors, and put out fires. Keep Director of Engineering and Engineering Sup promptly and fully informed on all problems or unusual matters of significance so prompt corrective action can be taken.
- Repair equipment for employee use such as vacuum cleaners, carts, cleaning equipment, and other tools. Construct and make repairs to structural parts of hotel property such as soldering copper, installing locks, repairing plumbing fixtures, and installing switches, outlets, and wiring. Make keys and nametags. Maintain all aspects of plumbing system to include the repair of leaks and unclogging drains. Troubleshoot and repair pumps and motors.
- Conduct required rounds, read meters and gauges, and perform preventive maintenance to extend life of hotel assets. Research information on unfamiliar equipment before attempting repairs. Requisition parts and supplies using correct procedures. Coordinate activities between Engineering and other departments. Work scheduled shifts, report to work on time, and comply with the hotel’s dress code. Assist guest and employee comfort levels by adjusting temperatures. Clean and care for work area, tools, and equipment as well as picking up and removing trash throughout the entire facility and grounds. Assist Painter
- Landscaping department as directed. Follows and supports Service Commitment and Core Values.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one to two year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Be able to safely use hand and power tools.
- Be able to use communication equipment such as pagers, radios, and phones; and, be able to communicate effectively through written routine reports and correspondence as well as to speak effectively before customers and employees.
- Be able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Also, able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 80% - Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; 80% - Stand/walk; 30% - Reach with hands and arms; 20% - Climb or balance; 20% - Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; 100% - Talk or hear; and 25% - Taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $38,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)