We are looking for a motivated, skilled and reliable Industrial Maintenance Engineer to join our Manufacturing team. You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast pace and growing company.
Keystone Plastics, Inc has been a leading manufacturer in the street sweeping industry for over 50 years. We take great pride in our manufacturing facility which allows us to stay on the cutting edge of technology while delivering quality solutions that our customers demand. As a family owned business, we understand the importance of long-term relationships with our associates and we take great pride in reinvesting in our employees.
As an Industrial Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of a team that works to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency. The role will assist in the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.kpbrush.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure maximization of equipment uptime by inspecting machines regularly for signs of malfunctions and perform troubleshooting for production machinery. Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery.
- Establish necessary preventive maintenance programs for production lines, machines & equipment (conveyors, hydraulic presses, extruders, molding machines, gearboxes, motors, chillers, ovens, air compressors, forklifts, strapping machines).
- Install, assemble and test new machines, equipment and parts in manufacturing plant.
- Determine root causes of process problems and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery, including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Identify and replace worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills and able to install or replace motors, heaters, sensors, switches, contactors, transformers, PLC and drives.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- All other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years progressive experience in Industrial Maintenance Engineering
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Experience in equipment design and modifications
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Process-oriented mentality
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes
- Proven track record of reducing costs through processes and efficiencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in writing product specifications
We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Maintenance Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Only full-time employees eligible