The successful candidate will be assigned to support the NASA International Space Station (ISS) Program, in the Avionics & Software Office - Flight Software Development group. They will work closely with NASA Civil Servants as well as personnel form other contracts/contractors. The candidate will be expected to work with minimal direction and will provide ISS Software Change Requests (SCR) coordination, technical guidance, integration, troubleshooting, and technical support to the NASA customer along with the identified essential functions identified below.
Identify and track ISS Software Change Requests (SCR), with emphasis on International Partners (IPs), including SCRs written by IPs that could potentially affect the ISS Integrated Functions/Systems, the common interlaces, or United States On-Orbit Segment (USOS) interests.
- Facilitate the coordination, integration and negotiation of ISS core CSCI software SCRs, including ensuring analysis integration with the engineering sub-system teams, operations, flight crew office, safety, flight software development and IPs.
- Participate in screening of SCRs by reviewing and coordinating 5 - 10 SCRs per week.
- Lead or support weekly telecons with ESA, RSA and CSA; bi-weekly with JAXA, and the CSCI software teams assigned.
- Coordinate one Decision Document per month.
- Perform issue resolution as required with affected US and IP organizations to identify and mature missing or deficient requirements.
- Assist in coordination of SCR analysis to ensure recommendations are complete and consistent with respect to ISS requirements and operations.
- Generate "from/to" change management language, and other required documentation, as required, to support SCR implementation recommendation.
- Coordinate participation by engineering and/or flight software development personnel at Avionics and Software Telecons and Multilateral/Joint Software Review Working Group (MJSRWG) meetings.
- Coordinate the processing of the CSCI SCRs (with the prime contractor), throughout the change lifecycle.
- Assist in the development of policy, guidelines, process, procedure, documentation, and tools with respect to the MJSRWG and core CSCI software development.
- Generate summary reports of IP/SCR technical issues, SCR analyses, metrics, and presentations to other boards/panels, as assigned.
- Represent OD on the Timelier Operations Review Panel, which is responsible for the development by Flight Operations Directorate of all Timelier bundles residing in the CCS CSCI.
- Perform other duties as required
Required skills and experience
- Due to facility security requirements, only U.S. Citizens are eligible for consideration for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline with 15+ years of related experience.
- 10+ years of direct experience in ISS software or systems highly desired.
- Knowledge of ISS program interfaces.
- Knowledge of NASA and ISS software policies, procedures, and practices.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, leadership and team working skills.