Are you a motivated team & task-oriented person? Do you like solving puzzles and fixing things? We may have a career for you in a fast paced field maintaining and testing Life Safety systems in educational and commercial facilities. We will train the right person. Intermediate computer skills required. Electrical & electronic experience a plus but not required.
Intermediate computer skills required. Electrical & electronic knowledge a plus but not required. MUST have a clean record. Will train.
- Ability to use common electrical installation tools, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to use electronic test meters to verify and trouble shoot wiring problems.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds, climb ladders and work at heights up to 30 feet.
- Exhibit good customer communication skills.
- Knowledge of laptop computer operation and programs, Windows, Outlook.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and trouble shoot problems.
- Follow safety practices to avoid injury and property damage.
Helpful but not required:
* Associates Degree in Electronics or Electrical Trades training helpful.
* Experience with low voltage wiring/cable installation, preferably fire alarm or security.
* NICET II Fire Alarm Certification a plus.
National Time & Signal is a stable and growing 100 year old Michigan based family business. We engineer and manufacture our own fire alarm and clock systems for education and commercial buildings.
Pay starting from $15 per hour but will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place