Polaris Boats, a division of Polaris Industries, designs, engineers, manufactures and markets a full offering of pontoon, deck, cruiser and sport boats. Our industry leading brands -- Bennington, Godfrey, Hurricane, Striper, Larson and Rinker brands are renowned for their quality and innovation.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:
PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2018 sales of $6.07 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerica Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion of our people & the execution of their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
The Vice President of Engineering will guide the organization, and lead the industry, in world-class boat designs. This person will be charged with mentoring a team of engineers towards leading edge designs for Godfrey & Hurricane, all the while ensuring a high level of design for manufacturability. As a leader within the Company, the Vice President of Engineering will manage departmental budgets and will be responsible for establishing model year production launches within set parameters for productivity.
Direct reports will include Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Interior Engineering, Test, Compliance & Manufacturing Engineers in a campus environment.
- Qualified candidates will bring 5+ years' experience in engineering leadership role with a $200 - $400 million operation as a Director or VP of Engineering within a high-volume boatbuilding operation.
- Individual must have and be able to demonstrate excellent Project Management experience.
- Drive a culture of dynamic creative thinking, generation performance to drive growth and profitability thru thoughtful product development, technical training / troubleshooting, and supporting the entire engineering strategy.
- Aluminum & Pontoon, combined with Fiberglass Deck, Sport, and Cruiser experience is highly preferred, yet not all product knowledge required. Experience with Recreational Fishing Boats also highly desirable.
- Assist and plan and develop engineering projects which drive model year production strategy. These tasks will have an important effect on major organization long-term strategy for revenue and margin growth.
- Ensure proper and effective resource planning of the manufacturing engineering services to support new product launch.
- Plan and drive continuous improvement reducing costs and increase efficiencies through continuous improvement strategies.
- Well versed in building boats to ABYC, Coast Guard and NMMA standards.
- Excellent planning, presentation and communication skills to support new product launch, production and dealer training, corporate presentations, and boat show/marketing support.
- A fundamental understanding of the recreational boat market domestically and internationally in order to determine long range planning, implementation and success.
- Develop and maintain engineering BOM process documentation and labor standards.
- Utilize, manage and maintain ECR/ECN/SSR systems to record engineering changes and special requests.
- Confirmed executive technical leadership capability, with the ability to effectively take a hands-on and involved approach when required. This will require establishing day-to-day project direction in order to enhance / improve the current strategies and produce world class product offerings.
- Must have an excellent track record of setting and implementing product roadmaps.
- Must play a lead role in assessing talent and skill gaps to align strategic initiatives.
- BS Engineering or Manufacturing preferred (preferably engineering related)
- Experience with Rhino, Solidworks, AutoCAD or similar CAD software experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled