We prefer that this candidate be located within 100 miles around the Tiffin, OH OR the Nashville, TN area
Bachelor's is required (EE over ME preferred)
Must be hands-on with controls, have experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, automation, PLC’s and within maintenance
Required travel 50-70% of the time
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Area Manufacturing Manager, you will provide Engineering and Maintenance support to 7 plants throughout the Division. The successful candidate must work closely with the Directors of Manufacturing, Plant Managers, Production Managers, Process Engineers, Technicians, and other plant personnel in order to drive maintenance excellence programs, provide engineering and equipment solutions, drive productivity improvements, lead major projects, act as a safety champion, support standardization, and support day to day engineering and maintenance needs.
· You will work on large- and small-scale initiatives with minimal direct supervisor
· You will actively support Maintenance excellence programs with the plants.
· You will maintain a broad working knowledge of Sonoco’s processes, products, and machinery
· You will act as Project leader of assigned major capital projects and be responsible for all aspects of project management (budget, schedule control, status reporting, customer interface, performance to design objectives, etc.)
· You will evaluate new technology and make recommendations for alternative equipment and process systems; to include vendor visits and selection.
· You will help local plant management identify skill gaps of maintenance employees and participate in the testing and evaluations of maintenance candidates.
· You must be willing to work the hours necessary to complete objectives which may include: weekends, extended hours, and travel away from home 50-70%
· You will Monitor spending on projects to stay within project limits.
This position is in beautiful Nashville, TN (or Tiffin, OH area) and will require 50-70% travel.
· We expect you to have a BS degree in Engineering or Sciences or equivalent experience.
· You will have at least 5 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent. Mechanical knowledge and hands-on implementation experience
· We expect you to maintain advanced computer skills (word, spread sheets, CAD, project management software, etc.)
· We expect you to have experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, automation, and PLC’s
· We expect you to have prior Project Management experience
(This is a progression experience and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs)
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @Sonoco careers!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, automation and PLC’s: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road