SphereWMS is Hiring a Solutions Engineer Who Learns from Curiosity
SphereWMS is growing, and so is our sales support team. We provide a SaaS Warehouse Management System (WMS) for e-commerce fulfillment, 3PLs, manufacturers, and distributors. If you’re the one we’re looking for, you have experience in warehousing operations and warehouse management systems. More important, you’re a person who enjoys figuring out how to solve a customer’s challenges and to present them evidence of that solution while working closely with our Account Executives as part of the sales team.
Requirements (these are real, actual requirements):
- You must have at least 3 years of experience working in a warehouse or fulfillment operation
- You must have at least 2 years of experience with WMS at a super-user level
- Experience in presenting WMS demos is a plus
- We are looking for a Solution (Sales) Engineer who has an innate curiosity to understand everything about a software application and wants to learn something new everyday, connecting the dots with previous knowledge
That’s a super-brief intro of what you’ll be doing. But first, you need to know if you’ll even like working with us. We think you will.
A Bit About Us
We build and support SphereWMS, a warehouse management system used by many successful warehouse operators. For more than two decades companies have been using our software to track their inventory and fulfill their orders.
We’re profitable and growing and have no debt.
We have one overarching requirement when it comes to joining our team: our Core Values have to really click with you.
- Commit & Deliver
- Organize with Workstreams
- Act Now & Iterate
- Communicate with Anticipation
- Confront Reality & Act
- Learn from Curiosity
- Trust & Verify
If you’re nodding emphatically while reading this list, you’ll probably fit right in, in which case, we can’t wait to hear from you!
First, let’s talk about life at SphereWMS and then we’ll go into detail about what we’re looking for.
Who You’d Be Working With:
Mike, our CEO, misses a time earlier in his career when he was an Account Executive in another industry and he loves to engage with the sales team. He joins our daily sales huddles and takes an active interest in how each individual on the team is doing and the deals she or he is working on.
Roark, our COO, will be your direct manager and is accountable for your success. He started with SphereWMS on the sales team and knows exactly how the solutioning and demo process works. Before coming to SphereWMS, he was a customer for many years and understands what the customer needs.
And our other sales team members:
Nathan is a Senior Solution Engineer and will be your mentor daily. He knows how to answer the hard questions and find solutions for each customer’s challenges. Our Account Executives love him; he is really good at what he does and will help you get loved too.
David has been an Account Executive with SphereWMS for more than 13 years and comes from a warehouse operations and sales background. He is very successful and places a high value on the Solution Engineers because he knows their importance in achieving team success.
Lisa is the newest member of the sales team and comes with a background of e-commerce fulfillment, sales and customer service. She is very energetic, creative and smart as a whip and you will love working on deals when she is the Account Executive.
Now, back to you, our new Solutions Engineer…
What Success Looks Like:
At SphereWMS, our goal is for our clients and users to experience a WMS that just works within their operation without friction or complexity. That experience starts with Account Executives and Solution Engineers, is carried forward by our Implementation Managers, and maintained by our Support Team.
You’ll need to:
- Based on the first discovery call completed by the Account Executive, prepare a unique and specific demo that shows the solution SphereWMS will offer to resolve the propsect’s challenges and achieve their goals.
- Update the standard SphereWMS system flow diagram and write statements of work based on the prospect’s unique requirements and solution customizations as needed.
- Provide answers to all functional and technical questions prospects have about SphereWMS, working with the technical team leads as necessary to source this information.
- Create estimates of the level of effort for customizations, validate these with technical team leads, and work with the Account Executive to determine pricing.
- Give input to the Product Management team as a “voice of customer” on features and functions that should be part of the standard SphereWMS solution.
- Learn about every new feature and function released in SphereWMS order to effectively demo those to prospects.
- When an Account Executive closes a deal, lead a call with the Implementation Manager to hand-off the project from sales providing context and history of the relationship to that point in time, and details of any customizations to be delivered.
- Be prepared each day for the sales huddle where you will in five minutes or less share what you did the previous day, what you plan to do that day, and any blockers you need help with.
- Demonstrate the following competencies or habits in your daily work:
- Organization and planning
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
- Listening skills
- Work ethic
And, since our job descriptions are already so long, what’s another sentence or two…
SphereWMS is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to provide something that matters.
*How to Apply
- Complete this assessment (https://apply.wonscore.io/V778QM/SphereWMS)
- Submit a letter or Indeed message introducing yourself and explaining why this position is of interest to you, and why you would be a great fit.
- If you have a prepared resume, attach it in PDF form. If you don’t have a resume because you aren’t even sure you’re looking to change jobs, that’s fine! An informal list of your work and education history are all we’re looking for.
P.S. If you’re not interested in or available for this position, but know someone who might be, we would really appreciate it if you passed this along!
Job Type: Full-time