At KLIM we create the most technically advanced products in the world. By listening to our core customers needs, utilizing unmatched innovation and service, leading with superior product knowledge, and constantly striving with excellence, our team delivers uncompromising quality. KLIM continually pushes, with unwavering commitment, to enhance your experience under the most demanding conditions. Trust Klim.
The Lifestyle Apparel Developer position is responsible for helping drive continuity between multiple products within the Lifestyle category to ensure fit, function, performance, and quality are consistent with a customer’s expectations. They directly manage all aspects of the development for products starting from initial design to production prototype and may have the additional opportunities for management of a small team in the future. They are experts in collaborating with cross-functional teams to accomplish line plan and margin goals.
Lifestyle Apparel Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Technical Data Packages containing accurate technical drawings, bills of materials, size charts/ fit comments, and construction requirements to be used by factories in calculating costs and producing products.
- Oversees the modification of technical drawings and construction illustrations for the product using Adobe Illustrator.
- Building and maintaining Bills of Materials in accordance with style specifications.
- Maintaining size chart as recommended by Fit Specialist.
- Maintains PLM System and Tracking Views
- Helps ensure KLIMs Lifestyle quality standards are met for each product
- Recommends construction, material, or manufacturing suggestions to meet target sample costs. They are proficient in executing pre-costing exercises. Manages costing within PLM System and tracks cost submittals from factories.
- Review prototypes, pre-production, and production samples against technical packages and formulate detailed comments and corrections needed from the factory for future prototypes.
- Able to brainstorm and communicate ideas for executing in-house mock-up production
- Uses industry experience to provide ideas for improved construction, materials, or components to enhance functionality, aesthetics and fit.
- Is comfortable sharing knowledge in the form of training others
- Proactive about arranging meetings with internal and external team to ensure product delivery dates are met.
- Adhere to product/seasonal timelines
- Travel (International and Domestic) required
- Understands manufacturing processes as it relates to product development
- Strong sewing skills and understanding of garment construction
- Understands apparel care instructions and how it relates to product testing
- Able to lead a project with minimal supervision needed
- Can easily express ideas in a group setting
- Experience with influencing and indirect leadership
- Desire to lead people in the future, strongly preferred
- Adheres to deadlines
- Always clearly communicates with written and oral skills to internal teams and factory contacts using proper terminology
- Meticulous in data keeping
- Highly organized
- Must be flexible to a changing work environment
- Must present self in a professional manner
- Bachelors’ Degree in Technical Design or equivalent experience in related area
- 3+ years’ experience in apparel development
- Fashion and patternmaking/CAD preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and MS Office.
- Centric PLM System experience is a plus.
- Responsibilities occasionally may require working evenings and weekends, with little or no advanced notice.
- Travel internationally and domestically, will be required, must have a current passport or be willing and able to obtain
- Fast paced office environment
- Must be able to lift product boxes up to 35lbs.