Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are seeking an Electrical Engineer Supervisor to join our Chicago, IL office. As a Supervising Engineer, you will be responsible for representing the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for supervising, coordinating, and assigning various projects to be performed by the team.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As an Electrical Engineer Supervisor, you will be the Engineer of Record on dedicated projects and be responsible for supervising and leading coordination meetings. You will lead and supervise staff members as they perform their tasks, and participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
- Supervising preparation of reports and analysis of system options and building conditions
- Maintaining interdisciplinary coordination with other trades/projects consultants
- Monitoring all correspondence between staff, clients, contractors, owners, etc.
- Supervising construction administrative duties such as field reports, responses to RFIs, processing bulletins and addenda, etc.
The successful candidate would not only have a strong technical role for project coordination but will also be expected to have the necessary supervisory skills to perform:
- Periodic objective and comprehensive employee evaluations
- Participate in and contribute to business unit Technical Leadership Committee
- Assist Technical Manager and Chief Engineer in business unit technical training and staff mentoring
Successful candidates must have a current PE registration. Someone with the history of working with projects such as Critical Facilities, Healthcare, and Commercial projects would be a good fit for this dynamic role.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering from an Accredited Institution
- 10+ years' experience working in a consulting firm, this is a Senior level role that requires a background in the MEP Engineering Industry
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Hands-on design and CAD/REVIT experience, required, as you will have a very strong technical role
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work schedules
At Syska, we have cultivated a community that supports learning and provides guidance for professional development and further our culture of excellence. We promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. We rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here for our success! Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska Hennessy Group - Creating Exceptional Environments
Let's Work Together!