Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Create operational method sheets (OMS) and related documentation and ensure they are current, accurate and understood by the team.
- Identify, prepare and implement improvement opportunities that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Prepare equipment/process improvement analysis and cost justifications for necessary capital equipment and other manufacturing expense spending.
- Conduct capability and time studies and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate, perform and troubleshoot equipment, tooling and fixture installation and maintenance.
- Measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
- Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Participate in Kaizen and project engineering as necessary.
- Responsible for technical support for all area specific compliance issues with regards to quality, safety, and environmental (and METCO/plant policies).
- Act as technical resource for manufacturing and maintenance and as a backup for other Engineers.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall Cell goals.
- Obtain a minimum of forty hours of training annually.
- Stay current with METCO business including present and future trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or (Electro-) Mechanical engineering.
- Three (3) years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO management tools). Must be able to problem solve and use root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electromechanical systems, as well as experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing electromechanical systems highly preferred.
- Computer knowledge and skills highly preferred.