SCOPE- Primarily supervising staff and managing the day to day activities as it relates to Engineering/Construction and administrative/financial matters. Projects include building type construction, rail, marine, dredging, concrete work, paving work, structural, maintenance of traffic, with some electrical, mechanical, environmental plumbing and finishes knowledge.
- Reporting to the Resident Engineer, the Assistant Resident Engineer will be required to have full knowledge and familiarity with contract documents, ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with contract drawings, specifications, and all applicable codes and standards, ensure that construction is performed in a safe manner and completed on schedule
- review and evaluate potential items of extra work, provide justification and cost estimate, comment on and approve quantities of work in place for payment applications in a timely fashion
- complete daily narratives, daily labor reports for TM work and controlled inspection reports accurately
- schedule and conduct site inspections as required, attend progress meetings and final inspections and document meeting minutes
- perform constructability reviews for future contracts, provide meaningful comments on drawings and specifications by specified dates
- coordinate construction work with facility police, maintenance, and operations to ensure that contracts are completed with minimum disruption to the facility.
- In addition, the ARE will be responsible for managing 2-10 direct reports consisting of Civil/Structural Engineers, Electrical/Mechanical Engineers, Office Engineer and Construction Inspectors.
- The ARE will be responsible for assuring all submittals, schedules, insurance, and other contract requirements are submitted and approved by the responsible stakeholders.
- The ARE shall keep the Resident Engineer informed on all contract discrepancies and differing field conditions.
- The ARE shall chair meetings with contractors, facility personnel, design consultants and other stakeholders.
- The ARE shall be able to stand in for the Resident Engineer as needed.
- Night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Civil and/or Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- P.E. License and/or R.A. preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in progressively more difficult and responsible construction management and inspection.
- Construction experience must include; concrete and reinforcing placement, structural steel, asphalt paving, drainage, building construction and preparation of estimates.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Trained in fall protection, scaffolding, and ladders; permit required confined space; Work-zone Safety and a minimum of 10 hr OSHA construction safety training
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with BOCA and Other Applicable Codes and Standards
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Familiarity with Primavera and Expedition/Contract Manager
- Ability to pass a TWIC and/or SWAC Background Check at High Level.
Indeed Hire and Field Associates, P.C. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55.00 to $60.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel: 1 year (Required)
- BOCA and Other Applicable Codes and Standards: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- P.E. License and / or R.A. (Required)