Exciting job opportunities. Bold lifestyle adventure. A culture of collaboration. Interested? Let’s talk.
Who we are:
Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals.
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking a Mine Engineer for a Mid-Range Planning/Scheduling Role at our Lalor Mine, located in Snow Lake, MB. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension, retiree benefits and employee share purchase plan as well as profit sharing. Relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake, Manitoba.
This position is a 2 week on/off schedule, 11.5 hours each day, reporting the Senior Mining Engineer(s).
The individual would be primarily responsible for creating/maintaining the 2 year rolling budget schedule and coordinating the creation of Mid-Range Designs from the LOM plan. Working together with safety, operations, maintenance and technical staff, the Mine Engineer will provide leadership and guidance ensuring optimal extraction of a complex mineral deposit.
The atmosphere is fast paced, dynamic and is built on trust. Leadership is focused on the individual, providing mentoring and coaching to facilitate employees reaching their full potential.
- Responsible for Mid-Range mine development planning(~2 – 3 years) and reviewing infrastructure to support mining fronts.
- Liaising with operations and geology personnel to evaluate and create best practice plans for the different ore zones. Enhancing mine-ability through innovative designs and minimizing dilution. Determining risks to the plan and establishing appropriate mitigations.
- Maintaining schedules for the current end of year plan in Deswik.Sched, as well as creating new 2 year budgetary schedules from the LOM plan.
- Liaising with LOM planning team to support designs and Long-Range infrastructure planning.
- Travel underground to create viable plans.
- Other duties as required.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- University Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering
- 5+ Years Experience in Underground Longhole Stoping
- P. Eng Designation and ability to transfer to Manitoba
- Experience with Deswik scheduling suite
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Willingness to travel: