Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1200+ person firm with practices in the following disciplines: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on landmarks to exhibitions from the historic to the high performing while balancing multiple objectives which include form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. At our core, TALENT is the center of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Washington, D.C., office is seeking talented engineers with 0 to 4 years of experience.
Candidates with experience should have background in medium to large-size projects such as office buildings, health care and research facility design, and tenant renovation work preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
- Provide direction, coordination, planning, and completion of engineering projects.
- Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
- Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
- Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
- Manage project design and deliverables as well as other design team members, supervise the work of engineers and modelers, and direct project staff in preparing contract documents such as drawings and specifications.
- Understand and track financial information related to the project.
- Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural engineering or related field.
- Strong technical skills.
- Working knowledge of current industry software, such as SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, Risa3-D, PCA Software, Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 0-4 years of experience.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.