RH2 is currently seeking an experienced, collaborative Civil Project Engineer for our Portland or Medford, OR locations. This position will be working with other RH2 team members in the planning, designing, and construction of water, wastewater, irrigation, stormwater, and transportation projects. This work matters and impacts the quality of life for local communities, so we have big responsibilities and strict qualifications.
If you are a detail-oriented professional with over 4 years' experience in project engineering and thrive on thinking critically to solve complex problems, enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing exceptional client service, managing a diverse workload while creating technically accurate deliverables, we encourage you to apply and join our talented team.
- Lead design efforts and coordination of multi-discipline design teams
- Assumes project management role on small or sub projects
- Interact directly with clients and review agencies
- Provide project management and marketing support efforts on a variety of projects
- Mentor and direct Engineers-In-Training (EIT or Staff Engineers)
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in either Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimally four (4) years of applicable skills and experience preferably in public sector consulting
- Experience with water and/or wastewater planning and design projects including pipelines and collection systems, pump stations, storage tanks, and treatment projects strongly preferred
- Ability to support projects from design through construction
- Experience with local and regional design standards and ability to apply those standards to design and analysis
- Experience coordinating other engineers and permitting agencies as well as interacting with clients
- Current P.E. license in the State of Oregon
We don't just live and work within our communities, our communities depend on us for the services and quality results for which we have become known. We plan and design the systems that keep our cities flowing and moving, including water, wastewater, irrigation, stormwater removal, and transportation projects.
We look to hire the best and the brightest, and in turn, strive to keep our employees challenged and satisfied. Our company-wide team-building and social events give everyone a chance to unwind and have some fun outside of the work environment. We believe our success can only be achieved through the people we hire. We make every effort to offer a rewarding and positive work setting, provide exciting and challenging projects, and deliver the best in compensation, benefits, work-life balance, and career advancement opportunities.
Many of our staff have worked at RH2 for most of their careers. We attribute the longevity of our employees to RH2's commitment to engage staff, cultivate an environment that fosters innovation and collaboration between offices, specialties, and experiences.
We offer a highly competitive pay rate with paid overtime and a comprehensive benefit package which includes 4 weeks paid time off, health insurance, 401(k) with company match, profit sharing, bi-annual bonuses and a company stock option program.
RH2 is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. RH2 will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time