OurClient is seeking an Automation Engineer- PLC Programmer for a long term,lucrative role in Carlsbad, NM & Odessa, TX areas for the oil and gassector.
Thisis multi-year, long term work commissioning oil and gas control systems alongwith PLC and HMI programming duties.
Wehave the capacity to hire several Automation Engineers at this time. Opportunities exist for direct hire and also rotational contract employment.
Directhire roles will offer hourly compensation, overtime and full companybenefits. A company truck, gas card, laptop and cell phone are alsoprovided.
- Anydirect hire employees would need to relocate or already reside in the Carlsbad,NM & Odessa, TX areas. Overtime is available weekly. Paid drivetime / Travel time.
- Rotationalcontract employment is also available and will offer hourly compensation,overtime, but not include company benefits. Automation Engineerscould work 2 weeks (6 days a week) onsite in Carlsbad, NM or Odessa, TX areas, followed by 1 week off and a return trip home. Company will also provide local housing while onsite, meals, along with acompany truck, gas card, laptop and cell phone. These contract positionswill involve travel, shift rotation, and programmers will not necessarilyhave to relocate to Texas or New Mexico.
Positiondetails and Requirements are also listed herein. Detailsfollow. If you are qualified and interested, please forward aWord copy of your resume with Subjectcode: AER-NM
AUTOMATIONENGINEER / PLC PROGRAMMER
PositionType: Direct Hire or Long Term Contract positions
Location: Carlsbad, NM & Odessa, TX areas
Pay: $45/hr up to$55/hr + 1.5x Overtime & expenses
Education: ASdegree or BS degree in Engineering preferred, not required
General Description: This position involves development, programming andfield commissioning support of automation/process control systems in the oiland gas sector. These systems are typically developed usingProgrammable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI),networking and process instrumentation. The position also involvestelephone and field support of our customer’s systems for the oil and gasindustry.
The successful applicant will join adepartment staffed by talented and experienced personnel. Work performedby this department ranges from control system design and development (usuallyperformed in an office environment) to the final system startup. Systemstartup includes installation and checkout of the control system components andassociated end devices. System startup and other support/troubleshootingwork is performed at the customer’s field location (sometimes in harshenvironments). The successful applicant must be able to work as part of ateam on larger projects and also work alone on smaller projects. Excellentinter-personal skills are required as we strive to develop strong and longlasting relationships with our customers.
The successful applicant will be required toprovide On Call support for our customers (evenings/weekends/holidays), acompany cell phone is provided.
Travel will be required as a part of systemcheckout and startup. Travel will also be required to provide fieldsupport for our customers. Travel is typically scheduled in advance butmay be required at short notice. Travel duration is typically less than aweek but multiple week trips may occur. A company vehicle is provided whentraveling.
Primary industry sectors served include: (Oiland Gas)
- PLCprogramming expertise (especially Allen Bradley, RS-Logix 5000, RS-Logix 500,ControlLogix, SLC, MicroLogix) - REQUIRED
- Strongcomputer skills and computer networking troubleshooting capabilities (softwareand hardware) REQUIRED
- Experiencewith control systems Networking; Modbus, Controlnet, Devicenet, Fieldbus,Ethernet IP, IP addresses - REQUIRED
- GoodHMI configuration with FactroyTalkView ME/SE, Wonderware or (Red Lion) or other HMI software package –REQUIRED
- MicrosoftOffice – REQUIRED
- VisualBasic or VB scripts- PREFERRED
- Experiencewith process instrumentation (any specific Emerson instrumentation preferred);pressure/level/temperature transmitters, flow meters, gas detectors, etc. – REQUIRED
- Experiencewith ROC800, ROC800L series / ROC SCADA RTUs (remote operations controllers) isalso highly desirable. – PREFERRED
- Goodexperience with Telemetry / ABB radios or other remote telemetry technology –PREFERRED
- Theability to research various other types of equipment and understand how to useit – REQUIRED
- Experiencewith oil and gas, petrochem, chemical, fuels, refinery industry controlsand automation is preferred – REQUIRED
- Arelatively clean driving record – REQUIRED
Please apply if qualified andinterested. Some training to be provided where necessary. Compensation to be discussed.
*Phone interview, followed by onsiteinterview and skills test before hire
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $60.00 /hour
- oil and gas, petrochem, chemical & fuels: 1 year (Required)
- HMI configuration with (Red Lion): 1 year (Required)
- refinery industry controls and automation: 1 year (Required)
- control systems Networking: 1 year (Required)
- computer skills and computer networking troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
- ROC800, ROC800L series / ROC SCADA RTUs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Telemetry / ABB radios or other remote telemetry technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Modbus, Controlnet, Devicenet, Fieldbus, Ethernet IP: 2 years (Required)
- PLC programming expertise: 5 years (Required)
- Allen Bradley, RS-Logix 5000, RS-Logix 500, ControlLogix: 5 years (Required)
- process instrumentation (any Emerson): 3 years (Required)
- - Visual Basic or VB scripts: 1 year (Preferred)