Do you have project management experience and enjoy leading teams in a sophisticated business environment? Then this may be an opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Senior Engineer I (Project Engineer) to join our team here in Richmond, VA. You will lead the planning and processes of major projects. You will also be responsible for managing the Design and Documentation Department to ensure all documentation is up to date and accurate for support of Philip Morris USA equipment and processes.
- As a project manager you will develop the business case evaluation and feasibility, scope, schedule, and budget development for projects.
- Direct external engineering and consulting resources. You will also provide Manufacturing and Maintenance support
- Evaluate new technology to support project initiatives and offer IT Support for software
- Ensure compliance with FDA, Safety, Sanitation, Environmental requirements
- Collaborate with Production, Unionized workforce, Maintenance, Project Teams and Equipment Vendors
- Provide direction/ assistance for all roles with Documentation Department
- Provide equipment layout support for Cigarette Manufacturing and Design/Process Electrical modifications for projects, Facility drawing research for Project Managers or Vendors
- Develop AIC structure reequipments for all OEM documentation for conversion and serve as a subject matter expert for following software packages: AIC, AutoCAD/Autodesk Suite
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Field or Technical Equivalent and 3+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Confirmed ability to effectively mentor and lead employees in a team-based environment
- In-depth technical, scientific, engineering knowledge, intuition for business, and knowledge of general engineering and construction practices
- Experience with tobacco processing and manufacturing is preferred
- Working in a regulated environment is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, AIC, AutoCAD and Autodesk Suite
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80 percent interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer. Altria’s significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Over the next 10 years, we have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.