We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Join Us?
Our culture focuses on building diverse and inclusive teams, where we embrace differences and unique perspectives, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire innovation, productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support our employees through competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
About the Role
This opportunity is a part of GM’s Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge Program (TRACK). TRACK is an early career development initiative for new hires designed to build foundational skills, and greater exposure and understanding of our business. TRACK aims to develop and strengthen the future of our organization through rotational development, networking and annual development opportunities. This program requires a two year commitment and consists of 4 six-month assignments. Upon completion of the program, participants are matched to opportunities based on interest and business needs.
Process Engineer supporting the Global Propulsion Systems (GPS) Manufacturing Engineering (M.E.) organization with math-based software tools and product interfacing software. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity where creativity and initiative is exercised, as well as independent judgment. Responsibilities include serving as the single point contact for math-based tools to support the organization.
- Support development/testing/enhancements of new math-based tools ((e.g. CAD, CAM, PLM Systems)
- Develop standardized work for process engineering usage of math-based software/tools
- Support the rollout of these software tools to the broader GPS M.E. organization and manufacturing facilities
- Support Virtual Build events for new GPS programs using math-based software tools
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all customers (Process Teams, Execution Teams, Product Engineering & Designers, Manufacturing personnel, and Leadership).
- Provide technical direction to Mfg. Process and Execution teams
- Willing to travel both locally and globally as needed
Job locations can be at Manufacturing Engineering headquarters in Warren, Michigan or in various plant locations throughout the U.S. Plant locations may include:
- Warren, MI
- Flint, MI
- Lansing, MI
- Orion, MI
- Arlington, TX
- Bowling Green, KY
- Spring Hill, TN
- Wentzville, MO
- Fairfax, KS
- Parma, OH
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in computer engineering or computer science equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Preferred graduation date: Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Technical knowledge and ability in assembly or machining process engineering disciplines
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Proven ability in project management skills
- NX CAD software
- Other CAD software
- CAM software
- Teamcenter (Rich Client)
- Database design and planning skills
- Understanding database design concepts, including relational database design concepts (table structure; one-to-many relationships).
- Ability to support database planning projects and to decide how to efficiently store and analyze various types of data.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering experience
- Prior internship experience in automotive, technology or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.