Summary/Objective The Control Engineer is responsible for the research, repair, and installation of devices and systems used in manufacturing facilities and plants.
- Repair and troubleshoot existing process control systems.
- Test electrical, instrumentation and automation systems associated with industrial manufacturing plants.
- PLC/HMI hardware/software programming and troubleshooting.
- Develop and engineer electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and PLC logic.
- Interface and communicate with vendors, process engineering, installation contractors and project management.
- Specify and procure controls hardware and field instrumentation.
- Enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply.
- Understand and assist in application of company safety procedures, Lock & Tag, and Arc Flash.
- Strong understanding of PLC ladder logic, programming methods and process related control systems. (Allen Bradley Micro Logix, R S Logix 500 and Control Logix Platforms)
- Ability to examine complex electrical problems identifies sources of problems, determine method for repair, plan and organize work.
- Knowledge of applicable Electrical Code.
- Ability to operate various power, voltage and current measurement equipment via test instruments and hand tools.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Two to three years’ previous experience
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $32.00 per hour