This is a leadership role and the individual should have 5 years plus experience working in the Industrial Controls environment. Proven managerial experience is desired but not a must. This individual must be organized and visionary capable of seeing "big picture". Requires extensive design of control panels for industrial machines. Designing Control Panels and programming of PLC’s and HMI’s for industrial controls and machines, to include:
- Designing industrial control panels per UL508a complying with NFPA 70.
- Programming of PLC's and HMI's for standard and custom products. Ability to assist in the generation of a written Sequence of Operations and develop PLC operational program from written description.
- Programming experience with PLC and TouchScreen HMI hardware of Allen Bradley, SIEMENS, Automation Direct, Red Lion and other platforms is desired.
- Knowledge of Flame Safety, Combustion Controls and or NFPA 86 is a big plus
- Design control panel layout.
- Creating Bills of Materials
- Editing User Manuals for satisfying custom designs
- Read customer specifications to ensure designs are compliant
- Occasionally provide field assistance for startup and service work of various equipment and controls
- Provide vision on both Standard (60%) and Custom Programs (40%) and HMI screens for the Controls Group
- Active role as Project Manager. Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities is a must
- Ability to follow written Sequence of Operations and develop code and screens to operate the machine or system
- C++ and the ability to develop visual basic code a big plus
- Document projects properly on the System Network
- Develop component/hardware Bill of Materials as required for customized projects
- Supervise and provide guidance in the connect and hook-up necessary testing equipment in preparation of the Engineering Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Occasional local site support for commissioning of systems and troubleshooting problems. Overnight travel would be very rare.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a controls group with leadership responsibilities in the manufacturing environment
- Taking ownership and the lead of the Electrical Engineering and Controls Group while working as an integral part of the team
- Strong Process Controls and Electrical aptitude. Mechanical aptitude is also necessary
- Familiarity of pumping systems and controls a real plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate would have a formal Engineering Degree, either BSEE, BSEET, or strong level of experience with ASEE
- Job Type: Full-time, immediate opening
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $66,576.00 - $95,552.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
New applicants must be fully vaccinated. Currently our office is still closed to unnecessary and unscheduled outside individuals including Sales People.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bristol, CT 06010: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of managerial oversight of others do you currently have?
- Electrical Engineers: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: One location