Those in the Design Engineer position are responsible for their own design projects and may check the work of others.
- Design all parking deck, wall products, and associated connections.
- Independently manage engineering design aspects of a project with minimal assistance or guidance.
- Check engineering design calculations and details of others for accuracy, efficiency, and adherence to company standards(with the exception of laterals)
- With assistance, complete repairs
- Resolve engineering design issues independently (with the exception of laterals)
- Assist others with resolving engineering design issues (with the exception of laterals)
- Attend project meetings; may lead coordination meetings
- With assistance, design laterals
- May write requests for information (RFI)
- Closely supervised. May work independently or as a member of a team.
- Able to make decisions related to their own projects in regard to the assignment of tasks
- BS Civil Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred (PE not required)
- 2 years of relevant engineering experience – internal or external
- Previous precast knowledge preferred
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
- Eager to learn
- Able to work individually or on a team
- Strongly values relationships and interaction with people
- Maintains a balanced perspective about change; adapts when necessary while placing value in consistency of processes
- Positive outlook
- Computer skills (STRUCTURAL REVIT OR BIM MODELING CERTIFICATIONS)
- Analytical thinker with above-average problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong personal organization skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple priorities
- WE WILL CONSIDER TRAINING FOR PRECAST CONCRETE IF YOU HAVE YOUR DEGREE AND REVIT OR BIM MODELING CERTIFICATIONS...
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 2 years (Required)